About Oceania Healthcare
One of New Zealand’s largest owners and operators of retirement villages
- 49 locations, including 25 villages
- Over 3,000 care rooms, over 200 of which are Care Suites
- Over 1,000 independent living villas and apartments
- Directly employs over 3,000 staff
- Winners of the New Zealand Aged Care Association's Supreme Award for Overall Excellence in Aged Care
Oceania Executive are on the board of both the NZ Aged Care Association (NZACA) and the Retirement Village Association (RVA). Being a member of the RVA requires us to follow strict standards and guidelines that govern how we operate and the service we offer senior New Zealanders.
- We are the largest care provider in the residential sector and have been in business as a group since 2008.
- Our audit results are based on a model of continuous improvement.
- The training programmes for all staff are well developed and specialised for our industry and residents.
- We have gerontology specialist trainers maintaining a safe and on-going clinical training programme nationwide.
- We operate the Wesley Institute of Learning for specialist training of nurses and healthcare assistants.
- We have two fulltime training staff overseeing our professional development programme to make sure it supports our promise of best-in-class care.
- Our staff have a passion for what they do and an on-going desire to up-skill. Our progressive pay structure recognises this and rewards staff for their additional training.
WINNER: Supreme Award for Overall Excellence in Aged Care, NZACA Excellence in Care Awards 2016 & 2015
WINNER: Community Connections Award, NZACA Excellence in Care Awards, 2016
WINNER: Staff and training development, NZACA Excellence in Care Awards, 2015, 2014 & 2013
WINNER: Excellence in Food Award for Care Home and Hospitals, NZACA Excellence in Care Awards, 2015 & 2013
FINALIST: NZACA Excellence in Food Award 2016
FINALIST: NZACA Innovative Delivery Award 2016, 2013
FINALIST: NZACA Interiors Built and Grown Environment 2014
WINNER: People’s Choice Award - Best Aged Care over 40 beds from Aged Advisor
WINNER in the National Senior Lifestyle Cooking Competition 2016
WINNER and 2nd & 4th in the National Senior Lifestyle Cooking Competition 2015
Oceania Executive Team
- Earl Gasparich, Chief Executive Officer
- Matthew Ward, Chief Financial Officer
- Barbara Sangster, General Manager - Aged Care
- Jill Birch, General Manager - Sales, Marketing & Village Operations
- Mark Stockton, General Manager of Property
- Pip Matenga, National Health and Safety Manager
To be the preferred provider of care and lifestyle options for senior New Zealanders by meeting or exceeding the expectations of our residents, staff and stakeholders.
We provide excellent contemporary care that reflects our residents’ individuality and their right to choice, respect and dignity. We provide a positive and welcoming environment where our residents are encouraged and supported to enjoy a high quality of life.
Respect – everyone matters:
- Working together for success
- Trust and openness
- Embrace diversity
Excellence – quality in everything we do:
- Have pride in what we do
- Provide quality care and service
- Customer focus
- Learn and grow
Passion – believe that we make a difference
- Put energy in all that we do
- Believe in what we deliver
- Find new ways to make a positive difference
- Have fun
Deliver – we will do what we say
- Grow the business
- Drive for performance
- Deliver on promises and commitments
- Take action