Oceania Healthcare – Coronavirus Update (Tuesday 22nd September, 2020)
Yesterday the Prime Minister announced that the Alert Levels would be reduced for both Auckland and outside of Auckland. She asked that Aucklanders “take their Alert Level with them” when they travel out of Auckland, and as such we have taken this into account when reviewing our protocols.
• Outside of Auckland will move from Level 2 to Level 1 effective 11.59pm on Monday 21 September.
• Auckland will move from Level 2.5 to Level 2 effective 11.59pm on Wednesday 23rd September.
Here’s an overview of what these new Alert Levels mean for our residents and their families:
Outside of Auckland – Village – Level 1
- All visitors should continue to sign the visitor declaration and use hand sanitiser when visiting a resident’s unit or the community centre.
- Visitors or residents who have been in Auckland will be asked to wear a mask and will not be permitted to go into the community areas of the village until 28 days have elapsed since departing Auckland.
Outside of Auckland – Care Centres – Level 1
- Visitors will no longer need to book appointments using the online booking system.
- If you are local, or visiting from outside of Auckland, you will be able to visit freely and take residents for trips outside of the care centre. You will need to wear a mask at all times when you are with a resident and sign a declaration and use hand sanitiser upon entry.
- If you are visiting from Auckland, or have been in Auckland at any time within the past 28 days, you will not be able to leave the care centre with a resident. As an added precaution, we also ask that as well as wearing a mask, you have your temperature taken upon entry when you visit and be escorted to and from the room of the resident you are visiting.
- It's important to continue to maintain extra hygiene during your visit, including regular 20-second hand washing in hot water and coughing/sneezing into your elbow.
Auckland – Villages – Level 2
- Visitors are allowed directly into your villa or apartment with their own mask, use of sanitiser and signed declaration, but they are not able to visit in any communal areas of the village.
- Please continue to take extra precautions at this time, such as: regular 20-second hand washing in hot water, coughing/sneezing into your elbow, maintaining physical distancing, wearing a mask at all times when you are outside your villa or apartment, and checking with Healthline or your GP if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms.
Auckland – Care Centres – Level 2
- We ask that you continue using our booking system to make appointments to visit residents and follow the guidelines we have in place for visits. You can book an appointment time online by going to bookings.oceaniahealthcare.co.nz and entering the code you have been provided with, or by calling 0800 333 688.
- All visitors must wear a mask, and as an extra precaution, you will have your temperature taken upon entry and be escorted to and from the room of the resident you're visting. We ask that you maintain physical distancing of 1 metre during your visit.
- It's important to continue to maintain extra hygiene during your visit including regular 20-second hand washing in hot water and coughing/sneezing into your elbow.
We thank you for your continued support and understanding, as we work to keep everyone safe. Please contact the Village Manager or Business and Care Manager if you have any questions or concerns.