About Oceania Healthcare
One of New Zealand’s largest owners and operators of retirement villages
- Over 40 locations, including 25 villages
- Around 2,500 care rooms, over 400 of which are Care Suites
- Around 1,000 independent living villas and apartments
- Directly employs over 2,500 staff
- Winners of the New Zealand Aged Care Association's Supreme Award for Overall Excellence in Aged Care
Oceania Executive are on the board of both the NZ Aged Care Association (NZACA) and the Retirement Village Association (RVA). Being a member of the RVA requires us to follow strict standards and guidelines that govern how we operate and the service we offer senior New Zealanders.
- We are the largest care provider in the residential sector and have been in business as a group since 2008.
- Our audit results are based on a model of continuous improvement.
- The training programmes for all staff are well developed and specialised for our industry and residents.
- We have gerontology specialist trainers maintaining a safe and on-going clinical training programme nationwide.
- We operate the Wesley Institute of Learning for specialist training of nurses and healthcare assistants.
- We have two fulltime training staff overseeing our professional development programme to make sure it supports our promise of best-in-class care.
- Our staff have a passion for what they do and an on-going desire to up-skill. Our progressive pay structure recognises this and rewards staff for their additional training.
WINNER: Supreme Award for Overall Excellence in Aged Care, NZACA Excellence in Care Awards 2017, 2016 & 2015
WINNER: Excellence in Food Award for Care Home and Hospitals, NZACA Excellence in Care Awards 2019, 2018, 2015 & 2013
WINNER: Innovative Delivery Award, NZACA Excellence in Care Awards, 2018 & 2017
WINNER: Staff and training development, NZACA Excellence in Care Awards, 2015, 2014 & 2013
WINNER: Community Connections Award, NZACA Excellence in Care Awards, 2016
FINALIST: NZACA Excellence in Food Award 2019 & 2016
FINALIST: NZACA Innovative Delivery Award 2016 & 2013
FINALIST: NZACA Interiors Built and Grown Environment 2019 & 2014
WINNER: People’s Choice Award - Best Aged Care over 40 beds from Aged Advisor
WINNER in the National Senior Lifestyle Cooking Competition 2015, 2016 & 2017 and 2nd & 4th in 2015
FINALIST in The New Zealand Workplace Health & Safety Awards
Oceania Executive Team
- Earl Gasparich, Chief Executive Officer
- Brent Pattison, Chief Financial Officer
- Dr Frances Hughes, General Manager - Nursing & Clinical Strategy
- Jill Birch, General Manager - Sales, Marketing & Village Operations
- Mark Stockton, General Manager of Property
To be the preferred provider of care and lifestyle options for senior New Zealanders by meeting or exceeding the expectations of our residents, staff and stakeholders.
We provide excellent contemporary care that reflects our residents’ individuality and their right to choice, respect and dignity. We provide a positive and welcoming environment where our residents are encouraged and supported to enjoy a high quality of life.
Kindness - Show compassion and understanding
Passion - Believe that we make a difference
Respect - Everyone matters
Excellence - Quality in everything we do