Oceania Healthcare – Coronavirus Update (Friday 27th March, 2020)
As you will be aware, New Zealand has now moved to Coronavirus Alert Level 4 – the highest state of alert.
We do not currently have any COVID-19 cases in any of our care centres or retirement villages, and please rest assured that we continue to provide best practice care for all of our residents and staff during this unprecedented event.
There are a few important points we need you know at this time.
We need to significantly reduce visits to independent and care residents.
- To protect our staff and our residents, we will continue to enforce the rule of only urgent visits to our retirement villages and care centres.
- The definition of urgent: Families of care residents receiving Palliative care or End-of-Life care. These visitors will be required to follow the instructions of the clinical team with regards to infection control.
- Dementia: If you are part of a dementia resident’s care plan, please talk to the Manager to discuss continuation of these visits.
- We do encourage you to keep communicating with your family members via phone as much as possible. It is important that you regularly keep in touch with them.
- We are working on additional ways that we can help you keep in touch, which will include video calls.
We are still taking admissions – both to our retirement villages and our care centres.
- We recognise that this is an unsettling time but we want you to know that we’re here to help.
- Call us on 0800 333 688 and we’ll talk you through your options.
Shopping/groceries/meals for our independent residents.
- Where possible, we do recommend that our independent residents limit any shopping trips by purchasing groceries online or buying pre-prepared meal packs.
- If you are dropping groceries etc off for a resident, please leave them at the door of their villa or at the entry area of the main building if they are in an apartment. We will deliver them to their apartment, so if you can pop their name on them, that would be very helpful.
We recommend the safest way for our residents to organise their groceries is for them or their family (if available) to purchase these online and have them delivered to their door.
Thank you for your cooperation. We understand that this is an extremely challenging time for all. Our priority continues to be keeping the coronavirus out and protecting our residents and staff at all times.