Oceania Healthcare – Coronavirus Update (Wednesday 13th May, 2020)
Moving into COVID-19 Alert Level 2
The Prime Minister has announced that the country will be moving into COVID-19 Alert Level 2 on Thursday 14 May, but she stresses that COVID-19 is still out there, so everyone needs to continue to play it safe.
To date, we have had no positive COVID-19 cases in any of our care centres or villages and we thank you for your continued support in helping us achieve this success.
We’re pleased to announce that New Zealand’s move to Alert Level 2 means that we will be reopening our care centres and villages to visitors, however we still need to remain extremely vigilant to ensure we continue to keep the virus out, and keep both our residents and staff safe and protected.
Visits to our Village Residents
- Under Alert Level 2, our village residents will be able to receive visitors.
- You do not need to book an appointment to visit one of our village residents, but all visitors will be required to complete a declaration form for contact tracing purposes.
- We ask that you do not visit if you are unwell, and that you follow social distancing rules and practice hand hygiene during your visit.
- Please speak to the Village Manager if you have any questions or concerns.
Visits to Care Centre Residents
Under Alert Level 2, our care centre residents can have supervised visits from their family and friends. To ensure we continue to keep them safe, the following are the requirements for these visits:
- Initially, there will be a high demand, so in order to be fair to all residents, we need to restrict visits to one appointment per resident per week.
- There will be a limit of 2 visitors per visit.
- To ensure as many of our residents as possible are able to see their friends and family, we will need to restrict visits to 30 minutes.
- Visitors can book appointments via our bookings site. You will need a 5-digit booking code which can be provided by your care centre team. For any assistance with bookings, contact our call centre on 0800 333 688.
- You will be asked to sign a declaration form when you enter one of our care centres, and provide your contact details for contact tracing purposes. You will also be required to have your temperature checked.
- Social distancing and hand hygiene rules will apply, and you will be provided with a mask to wear throughout the visit. Again, it’s important that you do not visit if you are unwell.
- Unfortunately, no pets or children under 12 are able to visit at this time.
- We will need to limit what you can bring into our care centres, due to the risk level of some items.
- Please speak to the Business and Care Manager if you have any questions or concerns.
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern made a very good point that, during Level 2, “We are half-way down the mountain and it’s harder to go down than up, so don’t throw away the progress we have made.”
Thank you for your cooperation at this time. We hope you all enjoy the opportunity to see family and friends again – they will be very excited to see you.